10 Tips to Stronger Relationships During the Holidays
For some, the holidays is the best time of the year. For others, "not so much." Don't let the holidays destroy great relationships. The following tips will help you rediscover old friends, and tighten the bonds with the new.
1. Send out a nice card to your network of friends and family.
2. Don't pressure anyone to buy you anything during the holidays.
3. Forget about old slights, and past indiscretions, this is the time of year everyone should be happy.
4. Don't compare what you received from your spouse compared to others.
5. Start shopping early, this will help alleviate the pressure of shopping at the last moment.
6. Pick up the phone and call old friends and loved ones. Reaching out during this time of the year is very important.
7. Buy a gift for someone random. Did you pick a name from the "Angel Tree?" Reaching out to others by demonstrating the love of God is really what the holidays are all about.
8. Don't apologize for your gift. If someone is truly your friend, or truly loves you, no apology is needed.
9. Take the 12 days of Christmas to text over a nice word to your network to let them know how you really feel about them.
10. Don't work yourself so much during the holidays that you have no time for your spouse. Set aside some time for a "private," gift exchange to keep the fire burning into the new year.